a while back, i posted about my grand jacket plans for ellie, as part of the kids' clothes week challenge. it didn't happen then, but it did happen. and, it has been a great jacket for the winter. it is a slight modification from an ottobre pattern using a piece of orange wool that i found in the remnant section.
i hemmed the sleeves, but trimmed the neck and bottom with red and pink bias tape - which was both easy and nice time saver. it also worked out well with the ribbon i used on the opening. she also really wanted a tie close - so, that is a cream bias tape closure.
since it is not too cold around here, it has been a great winter coat! i am really happy with how it turned out and, she likes it too.